Press release from Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School
Nonstop fun and top-notch performances were featured at the annual Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School talent show. The event was held on the evening of April 7, and all proceeds were donated to the American Cancer Society.
While the audience relaxed and enjoyed the entertainment, the judges — including English teacher Stefania Flecca and RFH Music Director Bill Grillo — had a tough decision to make. Choosing first, second, and third place winners from among the eighteen amazing acts was not an easy feat.
First prize was awarded to a group including Paddy Ahimovic and Matt Bavuso for their performance of “Ziggy Stardust” by David Bowie. Katie Person claimed second prize with her dance performance to “Sinner,” and third prize went to Anthony Cinko and Tristan Kilper performing “Nothin’ on You” by B.o.B. and Bruno Mars.
Student performers included –
• Joe Esposito, Rob Lenza, Joe Monte, and Noah Sullivan – “Grand Theft Auto” by Fall Out Boy
• Mia Sourlis – “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz
• Fiona Lenahan – Original Piece
• Julia Handerhan and Rogan McGarvey – “Wish You Were Here” by Pink Floyd
• Ally Calvanico, Emily Cooner, Leigh Forsyth, Jenny Greener, Brian Incremona, Rachel Makstein, and Bailey Newsome performing a mashup of “Love Yourself” and “Photograph”
• RFH Dance Team Members – Dance Mix
• Max Connery – Piano piece
• Kate Gagliardi – “This Is Gospel” by Panic! At the Disco
• Paddy Ahimovic, JC Liang, and Kate Sustick – “Tears Dry” by Amy Winehouse
• Michael Frissora – “No Such Thing” by John Mayer
• Sophia Maita and Jen Sandoli – “Can’t Make You Love Me” by Bon Iver
• Stephen Appezzato, Calvin Bruno, Henry Manelski, and Anthony Paolantonio – “Naïve” by The Kooks
• Emma Singleton – “Fix You” by Coldplay
• Matt Bavuso and Peter Hogan – Mrs. Handerhan, a rendition
This year’s Talent Show was hosted by RFH seniors Olivia Teevan and Danny Trocchia and Physical Education and Health Teacher Eric Zullo, and organized by the Student Council.