10°F scattered clouds

RED BANK WOMAN BURNED IN WAX FIRE

A stove fire involving candle wax left a Red Bank woman with significant burns to both hands Monday morning, borough police report.

Susan Frieri, 51, of Branch Avenue, was transported to Riverview Medical Center by Little Silver volunteer first aiders on the 11:20 a.m. call of a possible house fire, said Captain Darren McConnell.

Red Bank firefighters also responded to the address, at the corner of East Bergen Place, to find that other family members had smothered a stove fire.

More →

VIDEO: LITTLE SILVER FIRE

Firefighters from more than a half-dozen towns converged on Little Silver early Saturday afternoon and spent more than four hours fighting a runaway blaze that tore through a 120-year-old house on Carriage House Lane.

Candles in the kitchen touched off the fire when they came into contact with window curtains, officials said. The house, which its owners had recently remodeled, was destroyed.

Here’s redbankgreen‘s video of the firefighting efforts.