RED BANK WOMAN BURNED IN WAX FIRE

A stove fire involving candle wax left a Red Bank woman with significant burns to both hands Monday morning, borough police report.

Susan Frieri, 51, of Branch Avenue, was transported to Riverview Medical Center by Little Silver volunteer first aiders on the 11:20 a.m. call of a possible house fire, said Captain Darren McConnell.

Red Bank firefighters also responded to the address, at the corner of East Bergen Place, to find that other family members had smothered a stove fire.

More →