ON THE GREEN: DELAYS AND CANCELLATIONS
A bicyclist takes advantage of the empty sidewalk along Broad Street in Red Bank in the bitter cold Monday morning. A fresh blanket of snow fell overnight into Tuesday morning, with another two inches expected by noon, according to the National Weather Service. (Photo by John T. Ward. Click to enlarge.)
We’ll update this list of weather-related cancellations from the top as we get them:
• Monmouth County Offices will have a delayed opening of 10:30 a.m.
• Red Bank Regional is closed due to hazardous weather conditions. All after-school athletics and other activities cancelled.
• Fair Haven schools will have a two-and-a-half-hour delayed opening.
• Little Silver schools delayed openings: Point Road School 10 a.m., Markham Place 10:05.
• Red Bank Charter School: closed.
• Red Bank schools: two-hour delay.
• Rumson-Fair Haven Regional: Period 1 starts 9:15 a.m.
• Shrewsbury School: 10:30 opening, morning preschool cancelled.
• Tinton Falls school district closed.
• Community YMCA, Red Bank: Opening 11 a.m., all classes scheduled before 1 p.m. canceled.