Clockwise from top left: Seen during the recent “Night of the Arts” at Rumson-Fair Haven Regional were freshman Julia Wagner with her 1st Place-winning pastel; junior Max Taffin with his 2nd Place winning sculpture; senior Lauren Mueller painting into a design she created on wood; senior John Esposito demonstrating his illustration technique.
Press release from Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School
On the evening of May 28, the annual “RFH Night of the Arts” spotlighting the spring concert and student art exhibit took place at Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School. This year’s event featured artwork and musical performances by RFH students who were honored at the Monmouth County Teen Arts Festival, held this past March at Brookdale Community College.
Attendees at “RFH Night of the Arts” enjoyed the spring concert including performances by the school’s Concert Band, Jazz Orchestra, Chorus, and String Ensemble, as well as solo acts. The RFH Jazz Choir performed for the opening of the Teen Arts Festival, while the Jazz Orchestra received the prized “Top of the Top” designation for the third consecutive year. Based on their performance, a jazz ensemble comprised of RFH students including Paddy Ahimovic and Christopher Fahey was invited to perform at the Monmouth County Art Education Awards ceremony, and RFH art students Taylor Blewett, Becca Ley, and Lauren Mueller were named “Top of the Top” in visual arts.
Attendees were also given the opportunity to view the creations of RFH art students at the school’s eleventh annual Juried Art Show. The following RFH students received Juried Awards:
- Best Portfolio – Janie DeVito
- Best in Show – Becca Ley
- Art without Borders – Becca Ley
- OWL Awards (Named for RFH Art Teachers Kate Okeson, Zach Wilson, and Kristen Lanfrank) – Hannah Anderson, Lauren Mueller, and Megan Volker
- 1st Place Works on Paper – Maggie Boyce-Blanchard
- 2nd Place Works on Paper – John Esposito
- 1st Place Painting – John Esposito
- 1st Place Pastel – Julia Wagner
- 1st Place Sculpture – Becca Ley
- 2nd Place Sculpture (tie) – Zoe Lichtig and Max Taffin
- 1st Place Ceramic – Nija McQueen
- 2nd Place Ceramic – Sophie Gendelman
- 1st Place Jewelry – Katie Ebner
- 2nd Place Jewelry – Taylor Blewett