Press release from Calvary Baptist Church
Calvary Baptist Church was established in 1884 and is the first African-American Baptist Church in the town of Red Bank. Calvary, in 1886, purchased the old house of the First Baptist Church and moved it to a new location (corner of Bridge Avenue and River Street). That building was lost by fire and, as such, the current build was newly erected. Calvary has been a part of the Red Bank community for over a century.
Northington had retired earlier in the month after serving the Bridge Avenue church for 22 years.