RED BANK: MAN CHARGED IN KNIFE ATTACK

2017_authorities_cherrytop_rb3A Red Bank man was slashed with a knife on Shrewsbury Avenue last week, police Chief Darren McConnell said Thursday.

Nestor Faustino, 25, of Deforrest Avenue, was arrested Tuesday and charged with aggravated assault in the case, McConnell said.

Read More »

RED BANK: MAN STABBED

AUTHORITIES_RB2-2014A man was stabbed on Shrewsbury Avenue in Red Bank Wednesday night, according to a report by the Asbury Park Press website.

Police Chief Darren McConnell told the newspaper that the victim, who was not identified, was taken by MONOC ambulance to Jersey Shore Medical Center in Neptune with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.

Read More »

M’TOWN MAN INDICTED IN STORE ATTACK

The man accused of viciously stabbing a shopper at a Bed Bath and Beyond store in Middletown last January has been indicted on an attempted murder charge by a Monmouth County grand jury, authorities reported Friday.

Tyrik Haynes, a 19-year-old township resident, has been held on $1.05 million bail since the attack, in which a 29-year-old Keansburg woman was repeatedly stabbed in the Route 35 housewares store.

Read More »

STABBING SUSPECT HELD ON $1M BAIL

This just in from the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s office in Freehold:

A Middletown man was arrested Thursday and charged with stabbing a woman inside the Bed, Bath and Beyond store in Middletown, announced Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.

Read More »

MIDDLETOWN STABBING VICTIM ‘CRITICAL’

A 29-year-old Keansburg woman was in stable but critical condition Thursday night after being stabbed repeatedly at a housewares store in Middletown, the Star-Ledger website NJ.com reports.

A 19-year-old suspect, Tyrik Haynes, of Middletown, was in custody, facing attempted murder and other charges in the attack, which occurred at the Bed Bath & Beyond store on Route 35 North.

The victim, who was not immediately identified by authorities, “was taken by helicopter to an area hospital where she is listed in critical but stable condition,” according to the report.

CBS News in New York identified the victim as Kerri Dalton, citing her family as its source. Dalton had a baby with her and was inside the store when the attack occurred, but the child was unhurt, CBS reported.

Read More »

RUMSON MAN CHARGED IN KEANSBURG STABBING

A 23-year-old Rumson man was in Monmouth County lockup Monday on an attempted murder charge for stabbing a man at a party in Keansburg Keyport early Sunday morning, according to the Asbury Park Press.

Timothy Glassco Jr., of Avenue of Two Rivers, was also charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose, the Press reports, citing a news release by Keansburg Deputy Police Chief Michael Pigot.

Read More »

LANDLORD CLAIMS POST-MURDER BURGLARY

yarbrough-memorialA curbside memorial to stabbing victim Larry Yarbrough decorates a tree outside 9 Bank Street. Below, the home’s cleared-out living room, with a broken window boarded over. (Click to enlarge)

living-roomThe owner of the Red Bank house that was the scene of a fatal knife-and-bottle melee early Sunday says the house was burglarized soon after crime-scene tape was removed by police Monday afternoon.

Landlord Sandra Meva tells redbankgreen that tenants contacted her shortly after investigators allowed them to return to the house at 9 Bank Street around 1 p.m. Monday and told her the house was in the process of being burglarized in broad daylight.

“They were just pulling stuff – their stuff – out of the house,” Meva said of the burglars.

Police, however, have a different account.

Read More »

MURDER TRY AT SCHOOL GETS MAN 15 YEARS

hot-topic rightA Red Bank man whose homicidal knife attack at the borough primary school two years ago left his ex-girlfriend seriously injured has been sentenced to 15 years in state prison, the Monmouth County Prosecutor announced Thursday.

Twenty-four-year-old Jorge Vargas-Mancilla’s sentencing came three months after he pleaded to attempted murder in state Superior Court in Freehold.

A concurrent four-year sentence was imposed by Judge Richard English for Vargas-Mancilla’s admission that he attacked the school’s principal, Rich Cohen, and guidance counselor Karl Parker in when they attempted to intervene on behalf of Vargas-Mancilla’s 21-year-old ex-girlfriend, the mother of his five-year-old child, a student at the school.

Read More »

GUILTY PLEA IN STABBING AT SCHOOL

hot-topic rightA Red Bank man admitted Monday that he intended to kill his former girlfriend when he stabbed her at the borough primary school in December, 2008, the Asbury Park Press reports.

Twenty-four-year-old Jorge Vargas-Mancilla of West Bergen Place, pleaded guilty to attempted murder and aggravated assault. He faces a possible 15-year prison term when he is sentenced in state Superior Court in Freehold in December, the newspaper says.

Read More »