A 70-year-old Red Bank man was indicted for an arson spree in which he’s alleged to have started four fires in less than an hour last July, according to a document released Thursday by the Monmouth County Prosecutor.
Gabriel Ramos, of South Pearl Street, had volunteer firefighters responding to small fires at four addresses in the vicinity of the train station, police Chief Darren McConnell said shortly after the July 11 spree.
According to the indictment handed down by a grand jury in Freehold on Wednesday, Ramos set fires at 80 Oakland Street; 35 Oakland; 48 West Street; and in a dumpster at an address not given, but previously reported by police as 176 Monmouth Street.
Ramos is alleged to have started all four fires within 40 minutes starting at about 4:30 p.m., McConnell said at the time. One of them “singed a house,” he said. No injuries were reported.
Ramos remains in the Monmouth County Correctional Institution on $107,500 bail.