RBMS VIDEO REACHES CONTEST FINALS

An original music video made by and starring students at the Red Bank Middle School has reached the finals of a contest promising $25,000 worth of educational technology to the winner, redbankgreen has learned.

Just_in

From photo/art/culture teacher Chris Ippolito:

We are very excited! (the kids are cheering right now at the news).

The entry is one of 15 that viewers will be able to vote on via the web. The contest website says the finalists will be posted for voting on by the public today. They weren’t yet up at midmorning, so we suggest readers check back periodically until that site is updated.

Update: viewers can vote until 11:59a Friday, Nov. 14 here.

Some basic info from the contest sponsor:

The online votes will count towards 30% of our final score with the panel of judges accounting for the other 70%. They will be making their evaluations based on demonstrated use of technology in the classroom, collaboration and creativity – the same criteria that made you a finalist.

The video with the highest overall score in each category will win the Grand Prize of an interactive classroom technology “makeover” valued at USD $25,000, which includes the next generation Interwrite® Pad and Interwrite® Board, along with a 32-pack of CPS RF clickers, a party for the entire school, valuable prize packages from our sponsors, and USD $1,000 cash towards technology in the classroom.

Twelve finalists will also be among the first people to receive the next generation Interwrite Pad, including Workspace ExamView Edition as well as ExamView Learning Series with over 12,000 questions that are state aligned – a value of over $1,500.

Last year, the school rushed to prepare an entry after hearing about the contest just days before the deadline. The resulting video came in sixth nationwide out of 66 in the grades 6 through 8 category.

More info about this year’s entry is available in our story from earlier this week.

Email this story