Long the home of the Little Kraut, the building at the corner of Bridge Avenue and Oakland Street in Red Bank now hosts a two-story version of the relocated San Remo. (Photo by John T. Ward. Click to enlarge)
redbankgreen‘s PieHole is all about local food and drink. Of course, you’re probably hip enough to have already “liked” PieHole on Facebook. Still, you’re only getting an amuse-bouche portion of local food and drink news if you rely on Facebook alone for your fix. So if you didn’t have time to fire up PieHole in your browser every day this week, you may have missed these recent stories:
- With a vegans-be-damned menu designed to feed your inner couch potato, Cravin Haven in Fair Haven opened its doors this week.
- Jersey’s Mikes opened this week, prompting PieHole to ask readers to weigh in on their favorite Red Bank’s sub shops.
- After shutting down over a partnership dispute just three months into its existence, Balderose Fine Foods in Fair Haven planned to reopen today.
- What’s For Lunch? There’s a reason all those folks have been streaming into Joyce’s Subs in Lincroft for more than 40 years.
- The former home of the Little Kraut in Red Bank has been transformed into a two-story Italian restaurant by chef Giovanni Bougdour, who relocated his highly praised San Remo from Shrewsbury to the new location last week. He also rebranded his former space as La Provence.
Dig in by clicking the links. And check out PieHole’s Facebook page or follow its Twitter feed @RedBankPieHole for up-to-the-minute postings.